HIGHLIGHTS: Golf coach Dave Pelz explains the three foot putting drill and why it is important to practice this exercise.
Source: Golf Tips www.GoLiveGolf.com
Summary of Key Putting Tips:
- Short putting is the single most important shot in golf. Half of all shots are within inside of six feet.
- To start this drill line ten balls in a circle around the hole.
- Every time you miss then start over until you get ten in a row.
- If you are having trouble making all these putts consistently, then Dave has a Putting tutor training aid he recommends you use. This helps in striking the square and the ball rolling straight
- Another technique is to use a range ball that has circle lines around the ball. Your goal is putt the ball without any wobble in the lines.