HIGHLIGHTS: Canadian PGA Professional Ted Stonehouse, teaching putting fundamentals. Overview of the basic putting fundamentals key to a successful putting game. Illustrates how to build a solid putting grip, proper eye position, correct upper and lower body and implementing the upper body triangle method.
Summary of Key Putting Tips:
- Putting is very personal but there are certain key fundamentals you should follow
- Set up a good triangle upper body one piece setup and swing with a pendulum motion
- The upper body should swing as one complete unit
- Use the reverse overlap grip but extend your left index finger over top the right fingers in order to cut down on the wrists flexing
- Keep eyes directly over the golf ball
- In your stance have feet parallel along the target line
- Recommends that the back stroke length should be 1/3 and the follow through length 2/3
- Golf balls well break sooner on downhill lies. On uphill lies it well not break until it slows down.